Liwa Education is looking to hire an outstanding Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to join one of our new schools in Al Ain.
• Ensure effective systems of communication, including feedback about students’ learning.
• Monitor the quality of SEN support by establishing effective systems to identify and meet the needs of students, whilst ensuring that the systems are coordinated, evaluated and regularly reviewed.
• Ensure that the objectives of the SEN policies are reflected in the school improvement plan.
• Be up-to-date with knowledge of international, UAE, ADEK and local initiatives which may impact upon School policies and practice.
• Monitor the achievements, welfare and discipline of students, and follow up on the progress reviews, liaising with the senior leadership team, HODs, and parents when appropriate.
• Liaise with subject departments, particularly regarding transition (from grade 6 to 7), and external agencies such as Exam Boards etc.
• Co-ordinate the application for, and special arrangements of external examinations in conjunction with the Assessment Coordinator.
• Influence the whole Teaching and Learning policy to promote aspects of inclusive teaching.
• Provide opportunities for observation of colleagues/visits to other schools in order to share best practice.
• Work with students, subject leaders, class teachers with tutorial/pastoral responsibilities to ensure realistic expectations of behavior and achievement
• Bachelor’s degree in Special Education or any post-graduate qualification.
• At least 5 years’ experience in teaching Special Education.